Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Went to the End of the World As We Know It

and I feel fine


Runway to roads I rambled alone. My travels brought me from the glacial tip of the Americas to the lakes of Bariloche and the Andean oasis of Mendoza. I stopped at a few more dots on the map along the way, chasing Patagonia for nearly 3,000 kilometers along the Andes. Here's what I found.


Perito Moreno, Calafate








Cerro Fitz Roy, El Chalten 3441 m






Camp Anario, Bariloche. Peaceful waters.


Some God Rays atop Catedral, Bariloche




An Andean Condor enjoying thermals at the summit. Graceful for a giant.


The first opening on the Cerro Piliquitron trek, El Bolson. To give some perspective on the summit.


A horse grazing in the saddle of the Piliquitron peaks.


Bosque Tollada, El Bolson. Half-way up Piliquitron. Leave it to hippies to make art out of a burnt landscape.









Well above the tree line. Well below the summit.



Still approaching...


Next couple are the panoramic from the Piliquitron summit 2712 m




Center of town, El Bolson


Rio Azul, El Bolson



A taste of Argentina's finest Malbec in Mendoza.



The Sundance Gaucho








Argentina's largest park, Mendoza






No comments: